1099 Agent (Remote)
Our client is a leading provider of Full Service Transportation Management and Brokerage services for Shippers across all industries. They handle millions of loads annually across all freight modes and their Carrier Network consists of 45,000+ carriers. Their TMS System also provides business intelligence and technology enabled transportation solutions. Through their talented people, innovative technology and proven processes, they create customized solutions based on client's needs. They exceed customer expectations from pick up through delivery – every shipment, every time. With one of the fastest growing staffs of logistics professionals in the industry, they deliver best-in-class service to each and every customer.1099 Agent:
As a 1099 Agent, candidates serve as an “Individual Contractor,” who own their own business. They are responsible for getting customers and moving their freight. This job consists of both Sales and Operations aspects and requires a person that is comfortable handling both. The ideal candidate is sales minded, confident at building relationships and growing a portfolio of Customers and Carriers.Responsibilities:
- Manage Customer/Carrier Relationships.
- Establish Customer Business and oversee Account Management process.
- Up-sell and retain Customers.
- Build Relationships with Owner-Operators to further service business as needed.
- Negotiate Rates.
- Source Carriers.
- Generate Sales Leads.
- Track Load Status.
- 1-2+ years of prior experience in a sales-related role.
- Prior relationships with Owner-Operators is preferred.
- College degree is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools in completing assignments.
This position offers a Competitive Agent Plan.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board