Outside Logistics Sales Executive
Our client is a $350 million company that specializes in print packaging, warehousing, fulfillment and warehousing. They have 1.5 million square feet of warehouse space and also own 10 trucks. Our client has recently started a brokerage division where they focus on transportation brokerage with the ability to offer additional 3PL services (warehouse, consolidation, case pick, fulfillment, etc.)Outside Logistics Sales Executive:
The Outside Logistics Sales Executive solicits new business, while maintaining and building relationships with current and prospective customers. This role will be responsible for exceeding assigned revenue goals.Responsibilities:
- Develop business through account identification and maintenance, as well as, account service expansion and maintenance.
- Create business development plans by account and market reach to meet assigned revenue goals; prefer to exceed established goals both in number and in shorter time.
- Develop account relationships that are lasting, trusting and resourceful so as to positively impact goal attainment.
- Establish pipeline of account prospects.
- Communicate, track, engage and follow through on a meaningful regular basis.
- Arrange and meet with potential accounts.
- Participate in cold-calling activities to infiltrate new account leads; occurs daily.
- Research potential accounts using all available resources to qualify opportunities: i.e. internet, networking, telephone.
- Create business quotes and revenue proposals to secure use of the Company’s services by clients.
- Contact account prospects and current accounts, preferably at the C-Suite Level (decision maker) to qualify account needs and solution preferences.
- Responsible for regularly (timely) maintaining, updating and sourcing CRM software.
- Prepare business presentations meaningful to the account with timely and accurate information and in a format that meets the audience expectation.
- Accountable to the satisfaction level of assigned accounts; receivables too.
- Regularly associate with co-workers and managers to ensure assigned accounts’ needs and services are met to their satisfaction.
- Expected to attend meetings and participate productively: regularly scheduled or otherwise as invited.
- Participate in some travel for client interaction, trade show attendance as assigned, or other company designated representation.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue and account goals.
- Create a perpetual pipeline of meaningful account revenue activity.
- Align with others, inside and outside, to successful establish proper rapport and service levels for account deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relatable field preferred or equivalent work experience in a directly related capacity.
- 3+ years practice in the following:
- Conducting successful B2B business development, preferably in the transportation or logistics arena.
- Verifiable record of achieving/exceeding revenue goals, market share goals.
- Proficient ability to identify (research markets) and cultivate key account relationships (C-Suite).
- Demonstrated ability to perform job independently, driven by self-motivation.
- Attention to details, including work quality, timeliness, and tracking proficiency.
- Capable to self-manage multiple tasks in a work period, including organization, prioritization, and completion.
- Present professionally to account representatives, clients, and workplace audience.
- Assimilate into a team as a contributor or a leader as appropriate.
- Personal character type that is able to process rejection, avoidance, urgency, and alarming events in a reasonable and productive manner for a desirable successful outcome.
- Proficient using MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required.
- 1-2+ years’ experience working with CMS software.
- Exemplary skills of listening and speaking to a variety audience and variety of settings.
- Comfortable handling work tasks via telephone interaction.
- Demonstrated success initiating and winning negotiation opportunities.
- Competency and proven outcome with presentation preparedness and execution.
- English language fluency—written, oral, and professional environment.
- Travel: Up to 20% local travel.
- Reliable transportation; eligible for reimbursement as appropriate to the position.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Commission.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board