Business Development Executive
In 2007, our client was faced with budgetary constraints; the organization was challenged to reduce operating costs significantly. Supply Chain Management saw the ability to manage transportation costs as a way to help add value to the bottom line. A project was started to review and analyze cost saving opportunities. Through the Logistics project, the team felt savings could be achieved thus avoiding a staff reduction of 17-20 FTE. Such a staff reduction would have had negative impacts on service as well as forgoing other savings opportunities due to limited staff resources. The Logistics Program is their effort to help educate and change market dynamics in Healthcare Supply Chain Management.
3PL Outside Sales Executive:
This individual is responsible for the company's continued growth and success. This position aggressively hunts for new clients and signs new business to meet quarterly and annual goals as well as work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary work groups and projects.Responsibilities:
- Build and foster current and new customer relationships.
- Collaborate with SCS team and customer to deliver outstanding product.
- Stay current with changes in healthcare, the Company, Customer organization and logistics industries to best service SCS.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations focused on program goals and objectives centered around the customer needs.
- Work toward meeting yearly financial goals set by leadership.
- Work with the hospital and health care systems to identify key personnel in the organizations who have responsibility for decision-making or have influence in strategic supply chain management.
- Implement logistic cost reductions through the company’s services.
- Generate new sales leads through networking, cold-calling, building and maintaining relationships.
- Serve as a resource on department and institutional initiatives; shares knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Assist with SCM continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Independently execute a trade show, initial customer sales call and in-depth level description of the SCS program.
- Work with sales, marketing and operations to provide input for further direction of the company.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the Company, financial, and administrative systems/applications and processes.
- Analyze data for potential saving opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience in health care, supply chain logistics, finance, business, or nursing; OR, Master's degree with a minimum of two (2) years' relevant experience in health care, supply chain, logistics, finance, business, or nursing required. Certifications may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills, communication skills, problem solving, continuous improvement and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to gain understanding of SCS, sales, healthcare, purchasing/AP, logistics functions, healthcare ERP systems, and freight data.
- Must be adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing work environment. Able to handle/prioritize tasks simultaneously.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles. Works as a team to provide support to all departments; works with other areas of SCM to ensure exceptional customer service. Ability to manage time to meet required deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Commodity/Service line.
- Comprehension of customer requirements in order to provide solutions to product/service needs.
- Demonstrated analytical experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Superior follow through skills with attention to detail.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board