Founded in 2009, our client has become one of the most progressive transportation management companies in the business. Their focus is to provide customers with superior supply chain management services and best in class technology at the lowest possible cost. They provide customers with the above and beyond level of customer service they deserve. With their unique and progressive approach to transportation management, they help customers of all sizes drive savings and simplification into their supply chains. When they manage your transportation processes, customers get a true partner and recognized leader in the third party logistics industry. The range of services they provide include Less than Truckload (LTL), Truckload (TL), Domestic Air, Ground Expedited Shipping, International and Intermodal. They continue to push the innovation envelope and create a lasting value to their customers as a one-stop-shop for transportation management.Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for sourcing, qualifying and closing targeted Enterprise (large client) opportunities. The Business Development Manager will research businesses throughout the United States with high shipment volume, multiple locations and/or technology integration needs. This position will prepare selling strategies to target accounts via telephone cold calls, emails and internet marketing. They also will develop opportunities, set up and run sales meetings via phone, web and face to face with potential clients. The Business Development Manager is also responsible for the implementation and account retention following the close of any business.Responsibilities:
- Source leads by researching the internet, trade publications, Data.com, LinkedIn, and other sources to establish a target prospect list.
- Prospect inbound lead sources through internet and print marketing, trade shows, referrals, etc.
- Effectively manage prospects through daily use of company CRM.
- Be an active participant in role play sessions, meetings, trainings, and learning sessions.
- Set up and run “Discovery Calls”, “Overview Calls”, “Data Analysis Reviews” and “Proposals”.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Prospect for and engage with high level decision makers (C-Level Suite).
- Ability to travel 50% to attend tradeshows and conventions and availability to have after-hour conversations due to time zones.
- Work with the Enterprise Development Representative in closing an Enterprise opportunity.
- Must be able to independently identify new Enterprise leads and customers.
- Manage the operations and relationship of any on boarded accounts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ of B2B sales in transportation or a similar technical industry is required.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or similar CRM product is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and other software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills over the phone, through written communication, and in person.
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with and persuade C-Level suite.
- Strong analytical skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary + commission.