Dry Van Carrier Sales Specialist
Established in 2009, they have built their client base quickly. Their two owners brought a tremendous amount of knowledge, experience and customer base with them. Their niche is Value Added Logistics Solutions vs. Just Transportation Brokerage. They pride themselves as being a solution-oriented company for their clients. They can offer a range of 3PL services beyond just truck brokerage and most their business is dedicated/contracted business.Dry Van Carrier Sales Specialist:
The Dry Van Carrier Sales Specialist is responsible for coordinating the successful movement of loads, as the customer requires by contracting and managing an outsourced network of transportation provider partners. This role will also track freight from beginning to end to ensure customer requirements are met by the selected transportation providers.Responsibilities:
- Prioritize all available freight to efficiently and effectively cover all available customer loads.
- Strategically match available transportation provider equipment to every available customer load.
- Track all booked loads from the point the transportation provider is contracted through final delivery of the load.
- Collect, document and disseminate accurate information to/from transportation provider and Drivers and between internal departments.
- Manage transportation provider issues and resolve transportation provider operational problems including unplanned accessorial charges and accounting discrepancies.
- Negotiate rates with transportation providers to obtain the best possible rate in the marketplace for each load moved.
- Gather market information about the supply and demand of capacity in the marketplace to understand market conditions and lane rates.
- Serve as the liaison between the transportation provider and our customer.
- Prospect transportation providers to further develop the carrier base.
- Collect and document all available equipment from transportation providers.
- Document all preferred lanes and services offered by transportation providers.
- Communicate new transportation provider opportunities to Customer Sales and Operations.
- Send rate confirmations to carriers that document all requirements and verify receipt.
- Identify and communicate ways the company can continuously improve in its operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Transportation field is preferred.
- At least 1+ years of Carrier Sales in a 3PL environment.
- Dry Van Background PREFERRED – Flatbed and Reefer is a PLUS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Ability to multitask and high attention to detail.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Bonus and Benefits.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board