Commissioned Transportation Sales Agent
Our client has been providing quality, dependable, honest service for four decades. They continue to grow and thrive, by treating their people and trading partners as good as anyone in the industry. They have excellent credit & character ratings, and a track record of earning the freight of normally asset-only shippers. This is due to their long history and the way they consistently conduct their business and bolstered by the fact that we also have a fleet of trucks with their sister company.Commissioned Transportation Sales Agent:
This person is responsible for getting customers and moving their freight. This job consists of both Sales and Operations aspects and requires a person that is comfortable handling both. The ideal candidate is sales minded, confident at building relationships and growing a portfolio of Customers and Carriers.Responsibilities:
- This person will manage customer and carrier relationships.
- Responsible for establishing customer business and overseeing account management processes.
- Build relationships with Owner-Operators to further service business as needed.
- Responsible for negotiating rates, sourcing carriers and tracking loads.
- Responsible for generating sales leads.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the transportation industry.
- Must have an existing customer base.
- Carrier following is preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board