Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.Director of Transportation Management Operations:
The Director of Transportation Management Operations manages the highest level of operations on behalf of the Company’s transportation management and their connecting customers. This leader will provide the day-to-day direction, oversight, and implementation of operations in an effort to deliver high-quality service and generate savings for each program.Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day operations inside a large portfolio of accounts, including customer and carrier relations, and all internal operational functions.
- Lead the initiative to develop, manage and execute the Company’s transportation management strategy among the three operating entities. Work to increase synergy between transportation management operations and the other organizations.
- Develop and implement new strategies, services and tactical business plans and ensure the necessary resources are in place to fulfill customer’s need and contract obligations from an operations perspective.
- Candidate must have an entrepreneurial mindset and posses the ability to effectively align with business groups to enable positive and stable business growth.
- Provide strong leadership to all functions of the business and build a “service/customer oriented” culture. Reinforce throughout the entire organization, the desire and commitment to the highest levels of customer service and achieve a high level of cost efficiency. Communicate and demonstrate this commitment to all customers.
- Evaluate current operational procedures and processes. Establish new procedures and implement improvements where required. Make sure all new procedures are implemented and adhered to throughout the organization.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to all clients regardless of the account size. Make sure all Service Level Agreements and Performance Metrics are met or exceeded.
- Manage the selection, development, motivation and retention of the staff required to grow and develop the operational aspects of the transportation management business.
- Ensure Company Policies and procedures are supported throughout the corporate and field operations.
- Assist with both short and long term forecasting of operational resource requirements for transportation management.
- Conduct evaluation of current team and provide mentoring to his/her team.
- Remain current on industry trends and provide strategic recommendations to management that will put the Company’s Transportation Management on the “cutting edge.”
- Make client-based decisions for the betterment of the division and/or the broader organization.
- Initiate continuous improvement strategies that improve internal and external operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years’ experience in the transportation operations with a proven track record of success.
- Familiar with a variety of transportation concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate organization visions and values.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of planning, organizational, analytical, and financial skills.
- Provide on-call support 24/7 for the dispatch group.
- Proficient computer skills especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as the essential TMS systems for Brokerage.
- Conceptual, strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Prior profit and loss responsibility preferred.
- Independent, must be able to work with little direction or structure and able to work effectively with all verticals within the Company and the sales team.
- Strong work ethic; e.g. “roll-up-your sleeves" leader.
- Hands-on, customer driven focus.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.