Our client is a leading manufacturer of fastening products and technologies for the commercial roofing and other construction industries worldwide. They are based in Massachusetts, with manufacturing facilities outside of Springfield, MA, Chicago, IL, Rockford, MN and Asheville, NC. They are an equal opportunity employer valuing integrity, teamwork, diversity, trust, respect, communication, accountability, proactive performance and a passion for excellence!Distribution Manager:
The Company’s distribution process utilizes leading inventory management strategies and best practices to ensure delivery of quality products on time and within budget. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, this position develops and implements logistics strategies that result in a level of quality and delivery that make distribution a source of competitive advantage for the Company and their customers. This key position focuses on inventory optimization, balanced production, customer fill-rate measurement and other lean tools to achieve distribution goals. This position maintains a global approach, incorporating third party vendors as necessary to meet fill rate needs. The position requires strong communication, time management and people development skills, and the ability to use strategic logistics planning to drive company initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Promote safety as the number one priority of all Company employees.
- Motivate and inspire team performance with strong goal management and individual development.
- Drive strategic planning and execution necessary to achieve Company’s distribution needs.
- Establish and manage budgets and key performance indicators related to distribution and transportation performance.
- Ensure accurate inventory levels are maintained and recorded for financial reporting and audits.
- Drive continuous improvement as a tool to achieve efficiency, cost reduction and quality.
- Manage operation of distribution centers (Company’s and third party), including receiving, warehousing and shipping.
- Work cross functionally with Operations and Sales teams to understand inventory needs and meet demand.
- Manage labor needs according to budget, working with Human Resources to staff teams within company guidelines.
- Communicate performance against goals within Distribution and across relevant Company functions to achieve mutual understanding.
- Identify and implement best practices in the field of logistics.
- Provide support to the Steel Partners Procurement Council on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (relevant MBA preferred).
- 10+ years managing Distribution and Logistics function for organization (manufacturing environment preferred).
- Experience developing and implementing strategic logistics plans.
- Demonstrated success managing plans against budget and forecast.
- Ability to achieve consensus across organizational functions.
- Solid track record of utilizing continuous improvement tools to achieve operations excellence.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and develop staff, with particular experience managing managers of teams (driving strategic initiatives down to the individual contributor level).
- Efficiency in all Microsoft Office products (experience with ERP or other distribution tools required).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (15%).
- Strong time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success contributing as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and proven ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
This position offers a competitive base salary.