Our client is a multi-faceted, family owned, organization with opportunities for individual and professional growth spanning multiple business units. Their diversification includes manufacturing and sales of animal feed, as well as, being a national logistics provider offering many services including trucking of refrigerated and dry goods, grains and feed ingredients. With over five decades of experience and a track record of sustained growth and profitability, they offer an exciting, innovative, fast-paced environment with ample opportunity for professional development and financial reward.Driver Manager:
The role of the Driver Manager is to provide front line leadership by acting as the liaison between drivers, dispatchers, customers and management.Responsibilities:
- Ensure driver success through relationship building and effective and prompt communication.
- Identify and communicate factors as they relate to freight movement.
- Identify and communicate factors to aid in driver recruitment, on-boarding and retention.
- Track driver availability, manage home time, time off or vacation requests and keep appropriate software updated and personnel informed to achieve maximum productivity.
- Track, record and report drivers’ performance from dispatch to delivery to ensure on-time service.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure accuracy, profitability and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive customer, driver and carrier relations.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet the vision, fulfill the mission and abide by the values of the organization.
- Associate Degree OR minimum 3-5+ years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience in the Transportation, Supply Chain or Logistics profession including proven, verifiable, success in a supervisory or management role.
- Must be fluent in transportation based technology, software and computer applications.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Products, TMW, TMT and Peoplenet preferred.
- Demonstrate excellence as an empowering leader with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Must be detail oriented, have a high degree of persistence, self-motivation, self-discipline and follow up skills.
- Possess excellent decision making, problem solving, analytical, computer and mathematical skills for understanding transportation and logistics processes.
- Ability to draw conclusions.
- Possess strong communication and people skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team and with varying levels of team members and vendors on various projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks and quickly adjust to changes in required workload.
This position offers a competitive base salary, incentive and benefits.