Logistics Operations Specialist
Our client is a leading provider of transportation services throughout the five Western States. Our client can provide customized transportation programs designed to meet the individual requirements of their clients. Our client's team members are some of the most experienced professionals in the transportation industry. Every shipment they handle is their priority. Logistics Operations Specialist:
This individual will be responsible for the management of all freight movements, truck dispatches (owner-operators, company drivers, carriers), shipment tracking and customer relations. The right candidate will be able to use independent discretion and judgment to plan and implement freight movements that directly impact the company financially by taking into account client needs, driver needs, specific freight concerns, and compliance issues. This position should be highly motivated, possess exceptional sales and telephone skills to develop new business and carrier relationships and have outstanding attention to detail.Responsibilities:
- Use independent discretion and judgment to create and dispatch movements.
- Manage and assign drivers/trucks to movements and manage the pickup, stop-off and delivery times.
- Supervise drivers in carrying out their assignments.
- Supervise dispatch support employees in their daily duties.
- Manage order entry files, recurring load files and online order maintenance.
- Communicate with drivers, customers, vendors, etc. in a professional manner.
- Ability to use satellite tracking to communicate with truck driver units.
- Must be able to make independent decisions under pressure that directly impact the company financially.
- Must have the ability and willingness to use independent discretion to terminate the employment of a driver as necessary to protect the interests of the company and public safety.
- Participate in the orientation program for new drivers, by assisting and coordinating orientation details with departments and the driver as needed.
- Participate in driver training and ongoing driver evaluation, including driver performance reviews and driver discipline as necessary.
- Provide senior management with comprehensive reports, updates, information, suggestions, feedback and concerns related to the successful flow of business operations, impediments to the flow of business, including safety and compliance as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive customer/driver relations to communicate important driver concerns to the appropriate department or individual in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry (refrigeration) preferred.
- Work without supervision as required.
- Have a working knowledge of all DOT/FMSCA rules and regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of all hours of service regulations a plus.
- Organize workload to manage multiple projects and must meet all deadlines.
- Recognize and manage sensitive documents and information confidentially.
- Must have or be willing to acquire an appropriate computing skill level as determined by management to include Microsoft Excel, Word and industry specific software programs.
- Prompt and reliable daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Work hours will routinely exceed 50 hours per week with some weekends and nights as needed.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Bonus Potential.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board