Founded in 1977, our client is one of North America’s premier, privately-owned global logistics and transportation companies. With 50 sales and operating facilities strategically located in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, our client offers a full-service, single-source team approach to providing The Perfect Shipment™—via our state-of-the-art rail, highway, ocean and air transportation services. Our client's mission is to provide customers with the most efficient and cost-competitive transportation services available throughout the world by continually dedicating ourselves to improving the logistics efforts of our customers.Business Development Executive (Intermodal & Truckload):
The Business Development Executive (Intermodal & Truckload) provides daily contact with customers. Their primary job is to build the relationship through service, continuously improving product knowledge and developing new business through Intermodal & Truckload sales activities. Responsibilities include utilizing the best cost option available to maximize profitability, ensuring customer requirements are met, and building a strong working relationship with customers.Responsibilities:
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to identify, solicit, and secure new business from existing and new customers for Intermodal/Truckload transportation services.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable collections for customers.
- Provide service updates to customers based on customers’ requests.
- Assist in pricing based on customer knowledge.
- Intermodal/Truckload Account management and business development experience.
- 2+ years selling Intermodal/Truckload transportation services.
- High school, plus and 12+ months related management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the features, benefits, and technical aspects of Intermodal/Truckload transportation.
- Established customer contacts in intermediate services.
- Possess a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Bonus Potential and Standard Benefits.