Since 2001, our client has offered customers the finest International Logistics and Documentation professionals in the Refrigerated Foods Industry. Today, they manage a portfolio of over 750,000 metric tons of refrigerated food products and dry cargo, all of which transports across 6 continents and between 140 countries worldwide. Our client's professionals are skilled in logistics management beyond transportation and freight. Their management team delivers expertise in areas of inventory management, order fulfillment and supply chain forecasting.Logistics Account Executive
Our client is looking for a Logistics Account Executive with experience in Truckload Brokerage Sales. The ideal candidate must be an experienced, self-motivated, energetic individual with a proven history of acquiring and retaining business. This position requires close to immediate production from the start, the primary focus of this position is Dry Van and Refrigerated freight (Truckload).Responsibilities
- Selling – Cold-calling and prospecting daily, with occasional face-to-face client visits when applicable. The Logistics Account Executive will have the ability to create a book of business around their interests and creatively sell and pitch yourself to new and prospective clients.
- Negotiation – Quote pricing and negotiate lanes directly with customers. It is up to the Logistics Account Executive to manage their portfolio to maximize profitability.
- Customer Service – This is the most critical piece of the job. Communication and honoring customers through good and bad times is what sets our client apart.
- Account Management – Manage daily operations cradle to grave to ensure the best possible service for customers.
- Innovate – Our client is always looking to find new and better solutions to provide them with a competitive advantage.
- Analytical – Be a problem solver that can handle stressful situations while always putting the customer first.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of how to efficiently operate a Microsoft-based computer system and learn new programs.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required.
- Industry Experience – 2-3+ years of Domestic Logistics experience.
- Motivation – Cold-calling and working to build a book of business are the driving elements of this role.
- Time Management and Ability to Multitask – It is not uncommon to be on the phone while simultaneously sending emails or instant messaging co-workers. This also includes the ability and focus to work remotely as needed.
This position offers a competitive base salary, commission and standard benefits.