Logistics Account Manager
Our client is an established logistics & transportation company. They create solutions to complex logistics and transportation problems for their customers.Freight Broker
The Logistics Account Manager will play a role in the overall day-to-day freight management of shipments and or assigned shipping accounts. It is essential for this position to establish carrier and customer relationships, be effective in soliciting carriers to haul shipments and soliciting customers for transportation opportunities.Responsibilities:
- Brokering transportation shipments.
- Securing carrier capacity to handle shipments.
- Carrier rate negotiations.
- Shipment tracking and tracing.
- Customer communications.
- Carrier communications.
- Soliciting new shipping customers.
- Freight solicitation and sales.
- Cold calling potential customers from company call list or self-generated call list.
- Email marketing.
- Customer spot pricing.
- Sustain customer relationships and assist in customer growth.
- Insure proper and sufficient communication is provided as it relates to; Customer payment issues, operational issues, potential issues, or any foreseen issues, and pricing concerns.
- Deliver cost effective solutions that always keeps the long-term interest of the customer as the priority.
- Ensure performance to the branch’s annual goals.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years’ transportation or supply chain related experience in OTR Brokerage setting.
- Demonstrable problem resolution skills.
- Strong organization, and time management skills.
- Possess basic PC skills- Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board