Truckload Brokerage Sales
Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. It is a fully-integrated supply chain solutions provider, offering logistics, distribution, transportation, intermodal, global shipping, real estate and packaging services across the United States.
Truckload Brokerage Sales:
The Truckload Brokerage Sales is responsible for driving the business growth of the brokerage by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential customers in conjunction with the effective sourcing and management of the Company's personnel sourcing carriers. This position typically reports to the Branch Manager.
- Position business with executive level leadership at potential and existing clients.
- Utilize consultative sales approach with potential and existing clients.
- Skilled Negotiation of Rates & Services with clients for FTL, LTL and Intermodal services.
- Proper positioning of brokerage services within the Company network.
- Response to sales inquiries and providing pricing on transactional based business, as well as, corporate pricing proposals where brokerage is a facet of that response.
- Ensure proper follow up and management of all loads by operations staff.
- Break through internal obstacles that limit growth/service consistent with Company deliverables.
- A sales/growth orientated mindset associated with organic growth, as well as, new client solicitation.
- Generate business leads internally and externally.
- Manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews, entertainment such as lunch / dinner / events.
- Use available industry tools and relationship to identify potential customers.
- Immediate follow up and management of any exception as escalated by the support staff.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all Company Departments and willingness to do “Whatever it takes” to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred.
- 5+ plus years of applicable Transportation/Logistics experience.
- Prior Operations experience in Brokerage specifically.
- Dry Van experience is a MUST.
- Ability to price business both Intra-Canada & Cross Border.
- Understand how to use TMS Systems and/or CRM's.
- Self-motivated, sales and customer service orientation.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with DOT regulations (Hours of Service, cargo claims, etc.) helpful.
- Time management skills.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Customer-focused team player.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment volume.
- Ability and availability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as required by the needs of our external clients.
This position offers a competitive base salary and commission.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board