Logistics Business Development Representative
Incorporated in 1996, our client has gained experience as a produce and refrigerated carrier and has grown into a premier, non-asset-based logistics company that manages various customers’ temperature-controlled transportation needs. Their services include freight booking, dispatching, tracking, reporting and full AR/AP services. They also offer temperature-controlled warehousing, cross-docking and forward distribution.Logistics Business Development Representative:
The Logistics Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, presenting and acquiring strategic profitable customer accounts. They will develop strong customer relationships and generate a profitable customer base.Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop sales opportunities by researching potential new accounts, introducing the Company and obtaining contact with decisionmakers.
- Upsell current customer business including new lane development and lead generation.
- Grow and maintain a list of accounts.
- Maintain a pipeline of forecasted opportunities.
- Make sales calls on a regular basis by developing and following up on sales leads.
- Initiate the customer on boarding process for new customers, with proper communication to both the Customer and Account Management team.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with accounts.
- Proactively communicate, engage and influence the proper decision makers.
- Develop backhaul opportunities to complement the Company’s static outbound program.
- Respond to RFQs from customers.
- Close sales and/or maintain business relationships.
- Keep management informed of all activity in Salesforce, including timely completion of sales reports and required documentation in an accurate fashion.
- Establish and meet individual goals and objectives relating to all aspects of the position.
- 5+ years of Brokerage, Transportation, 3PL Operations and/or Sales experience is required.
- Solid understanding of Brokerage Operations and geographic freight markets is required.
- Reputable industry presence and current customer base is required.
- BA Degree is preferred.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Detail-oriented and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong follow-up and problem-solving abilities.
- Negotiation skills a MUST.
- Working on the telephone is required.
- Possesses the ability to build strong relationships with potential customers through personal contact, email and other forms of communication.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as, within a fast-paced team environment.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Commission.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board