Our client provides all modes of transportation service to every point in North America. They realize that a smooth-running supply chain is a company’s lifeblood. The timely delivery of freight is crucial to innovation, production, warehouse efficiency, and customers satisfied. No matter what it is you need to ship or where it needs to go, they can help you make sure it gets there safe and on-time. Their staff maintains communication with drivers to ensure that they provide the highest levels of safety and performance. Should you have any questions about your shipments, they have trained professionals familiar with your commodity ready to answer freight questions or provide information. Their services are designed to give you peace of mind, knowing that whatever it is, wherever it needs to go and whenever it needs to get there, they’ll have a truck ready for your shipment.Logistics Sales Executive
The Logistics Sales Executive is responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing the business. This role is also responsible for drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how their company can be beneficial to the customer. This role requires having the ability to analyze and manage the startup process after the sale. This highly motivated individual will grow new and existing business and have a proven ability to maximize relationships with carriers and customers utilizing personal contacts, networking, and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships. This role will also work to increase revenues and maximize profitability.Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and cultivate strong customer relationships.
- Identify, qualify, obtain and generate leads with prospective customers.
- Understand the customers’ shipping needs, negotiate rates, contract carriers/trucking companies in order to find the most efficient shipping option, provide order tracking and ultimately delivery confirmation.
- Manage multiple priorities and maintain the flow of business information with a sense of urgency.
- Provide rate quotations to potential carriers.
- Prospect, develop and grow customer base.
- Manage account relationships as the primary point-of-contact for day-to-day needs, including ongoing communications, coordination of customers’ needs, billing, collections and other activities.
- Broker freight to carriers.
- Visit potential customers to close sales deals throughout their entirety.
- Maintain a solid understanding of current market conditions and business trends to create offers that will increase company margins.
- Solicit freight, negotiate rates, accept tenders then accurately entering them into the company’s TMS.
- Grow volume and profitability of existing customers by providing professional service and follow up.
- Focus on providing excellent customer service to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- 2+ years’ experience in logistics and freight brokering.
- 2+ years’ experience in sales/ account management.
- Ability to conduct cold calling (70+ call per day until book of business is established).
- Experience working with various modes of transportation (i.e. truckload, LTL, intermodal, produce, temperature controlled, specialized, over-dimensional).
- Entrepreneurial sales approach (no set territories).
- Aptitude and appreciation for selling in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy and results-driven.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and solve problems by offering creative solutions.
- Superior time management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills and written/oral communication.
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Team player mentality (operates through consensus).
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commissions after base salary is covered.