Our client is a passionate provider of transportation logistics services, and one of the fastest growing companies of its kind in North America. They hold leading positions in freight brokerage, intermodal, last-mile logistics and expedited transportation, with growing services in managed transportation, freight forwarding and less-than-truckload brokerage. They are a place where employees’ hard work, commitment and dedication has become their greatest asset. Their role in the industry is growing fast- and they’re leading that drive by hiring people who thrive in a high-energy environment. Technology, training, teamwork and opportunity: they are built to deliver!LTL Sales & Operations Manager:
Our client is looking for an LTL Sales & Operations Manager for their Charlotte location. This role is a high visibility position that drives sales, manages and develops sales personnel, as well as, engages customers both internally and externally. This role will have a strong focus on LTL freight. A successful candidate will lead and influence others while assisting in the management of individuals engaged in the sales and business development process. This is your chance to make your mark with a company that's driving toward becoming a multi-billion dollar business within the next few years.Responsibilities:
- Interview and train new employee in Customer Sales roles.
- Manage day-to-day operations with KPI metrics.
- Conduct employee reviews and set SMART goals.
- Act as a liaison between the sales branch and carrier procurement center.
- Drive both revenue and margin growth across multiple verticals and modes.
- Develop and maintain best business practices.
- Provide industry expertise, guidance and support.
- Pricing (assist in submitting timely customer bid packages and RFP’s).
- Developing sales pipelines.
- Selling diverse book of services.
- Developing sales strategy.
- Use data to drive operational and productivity improvements.
- Review Sales activity KPIs including revenue, margin, load count, call logs and CRM adherence.
- Review customer metrics in real time.
- Work cross-functionally to review pricing, market penetration and service KPIs.
- Assist in developing quarterly/annual budgets and operating plans.
- Ability to learn TMS software.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Bachelors Degree REQUIRED.
- Proven experience handling all activities associated with LTL freight.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Ability to prioritize & work effectively within time limits.
- Analytical thinking (interpret data to drive decisions).
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 5-7+ years transportation related experience (preferably at a non-asset based logistics company).
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Bonus Potential and Standard Benefits.