Headquartered in College Point, NY, our client has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores. They eliminate the overhead of a traditional food distributor and focus on the needs of independent foodservice operators. Over the past couple years, our client has grown into the leading low-cost alternative to food service providers throughout the United States.Meat Buyer:
The Meat Buyer is responsible for the profitable procurement and timely delivery of products for assigned lines. They work closely with the Director of Purchasing and Senior Buyers to achieve the goals of the Company. They also provide Supply Chain/Inventory Management for promotionally active categories and corresponding financial accountabilities.Responsibilities:
- Obtain best possible product costs, quality and service at all times.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Strive to obtain inventory and turn goals, while maintaining service level and minimizing distress.
- Interface with other departments and division personnel to accomplish job functions.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors, store operations, distribution center and division office personnel.
- Review acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need.
- Assess current inventory, market conditions, availability, and promotional impact to forecast order quantities and make recommendations to the merchandising team.
- Conduct post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met and develop solutions for problem areas.
- Review and resolve inventory issues at store level as a result of allocations or order issues.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports to monitor costs, quality, service level, inventory turns, and distress and make adjustments as needed.
- Visit stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store feedback and to assess overall implementation effectiveness.
- Manage Accounts Payable variance processes for distribution-sourced items to ensure correct prices have been invoiced.
- Resolve store-billing questions by researching discrepancies submitted at store level with Store Billing and entering credits where appropriate or providing resolution.
- Maintain all necessary department files and records.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Operations to maintain the proper product flow through the facility, in a timely manner.
- Remote access (buying system) from home or off site location when necessary.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Purchasing or Vendor Management Experience in Industry or Retail: Meat Buyer a PLUS.
- Marketing/Logistics Experience preferred or strong understanding of store operations and merchandising methodologies and practices.
- Understanding of perishable procurement, logistics, inventory management, marketing, accounting and financial management practices.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to take initiative and make fact-based decisions.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Written and verbal communication skills, as well as, interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong computer aptitude in MS-Office including Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Bonus Potential and Benefits.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board