Regional LTL Sales Executive
Our client is a mid-sized asset based LTL carrier with a strong foundation in the marketplace. As an unquestioned leader in their space, they have expanded far beyond simply hauling truckloads of cargo. They provide exceptional service to their unique customer base. They pride themselves providing a specialized focus to a niche customer base and are going through a turnaround strategy to improve bottom line revenue and scale for growth.Regional LTL Sales Executive
This position is responsible for all sales activities within an assigned geographical region by growing existing accounts and business development of new accounts for an LTL carrier supporting the floor covering industry.Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of coordinated sales strategies to achieve sales objectives.
- Maintain sales relationship, identify opportunities for incremental business, initiate and suggest modification to service to meet customer needs, ensure service standards are met, resolve issues, ensure contract changes and rates are accurate.
- Meet and exceed assigned revenue growth goals as assigned each calendar quarter.
- Prepare action plans and timelines on specific customers and to project the plan to monitor successful market penetration with assigned accounts.
- Communicate with and coordinate with Operations and other support teams to accomplish the work required to generate business.
- Maintain activity in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and ensure activity at every level at the sales pipeline
- Coordinate and prepare customer presentations, requests for pricing, proposals and effectuate sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Professionally establish and maintain current customer and potential customer relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Identify customer problems and provide customer solutions.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events as required
- Follow-up for collection of payment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree is preferred, or in lieu of a college degree an amount of related industry experience in Sales.
- Flooring industry experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience achieving designated goals and results in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to professionally articulate, communicate, develop and deliver oral or written presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience, preferably in the transportation or logistics industry.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires the ability to successfully achieve goals independently. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission and standard benefits.
Darn, looks like this position has been filled.
Take a look at our Job Board for a list of all available positions.
View Job Board