Since 1975, our client has continually strived to surpass previous standards of quality and performance, carving innovation into their culture along the way. They can transport customers goods between Canada and anywhere across North America, as well as, internationally via their full range of transportation, logistics and distribution services.Senior Logistics Sales Executive:
The Senior Logistics Sales Executive is responsible for directing sales efforts to expand the Company’s customer base for their Logistics and Asset businesses within the State of Illinois and any other States as agreed upon with his / her Sales Manager. Their goal will be to generate net new business and ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. The Senior Logistics Sales Executive will work closely with the Chicago Logistics team and
external customers as an integral part of an aggressive growth plan in North America. This is an exciting opportunity for a sales professional who enjoys a fast-paced environment, works well independently, as well as, with a dynamic team. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales-Logistics.Responsibilities:
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Manage a balanced sales funnel. Execute all steps of the sales process from target to close to continually securing new business.
- Exceed all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintain and grow new business in an assigned territory.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction - maintain close contact with all customers – including follow up on concerns or other issues.
- Provide a solution-based sales approach to drive new business across multiple lines of business; Logistics, FTL, LTL, Reefer, Flatbed, Intermodal, Air & Ocean.
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Follow all company policies, ethics and company procedures.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience within the logistics-based transportation industry in a Sales Executive function
- Post-secondary degree is preferred but not essential if candidate has appropriate sales training or experience
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills
- Strong business knowledge of North American transportation modes and customers
- 1 – 2 years of experience selling Assets, FTL and Climate freight is an asset
- PC competency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel program
- Possession of a valid license and a suitable vehicle (extensive travel required)
- Travel within Chicago / other U.S. States and some Canadian travel may be required (15%).
This position offers a competitive base salary, commission and standard benefits.