Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.Sr. Brokerage Sales Representative:
The Senior Brokerage Sales Representative is responsible for driving business growth of the Brokerage by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential customers in conjunction with the effective sourcing and management of the Company’s personal sourcing carriers. Ideal candidates will come from a Customer/Carrier Model background.Responsibilities:
- Effectively Manage Customer Relationships.
- Generate business leads internally and externally.
- Skilled negotiation of rates & services with clients for FTL, LTL and Intermodal Services.
- Proper positioning of Brokerage Services within Company network.
- Respond to sales inquiries and provide pricing on transactional based business, as well as, corporate pricing proposals where brokerage is a facet of that response.
- Ensure proper follow up and management of all loads by the operations staff.
- Break through internal obstacles that limit growth/ service consistent with Company deliverables.
- Maintain sales & growth-oriented mindset associated with organic growth, as well as, new client solicitation.
- Manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews and entertainment such as lunch & dinner events.
- Use available industry tools and relationships to identify potential customers.
- Clear communication of service expectations.
- Consistently follow up to ensure loads move as expected by customers.
- Immediate follow up and management of any exception as escalated by the support staff.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all company departments and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years Brokerage experience preferred working with Domestic Truckload, LTL, and Intermodal Shipments.
- Familiarity with DOT Trucking Regulations (Hours of Services, Claims).
- Proficient in using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of TMS programs used for Brokerage Services.
- Market knowledge of Truckload Lanes and Rates.
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary, commission and benefits.